I saved 5 sites to delicious. The sites I found were turtle diary, storyplace.org, 3dinosaurs.com, hummingbirded.com, and www.fun4thebrain.com. I liked these sites because they were interactive in nature and could be used on a smartboard or as educational sites for the children during work time in the computer area. There are so many wonderful sites you can use in class; however, you can only book mark sites that have a picture. I found this frustrating.
My favorite sites that I found were turtle diary, storyplace.org, and www.fun4thebrain.com. Turtle diary had many interactive educational games. My little ones would love these activities and best of all it is free. The site storyplace.org has interactive books that you can use with your class along with lesson plan ideas, things to print to go with the stories, and stories that give Spanish vocabulary and the English equivalent. This site would be wonderful for my ESL children, and I plan to use it in the classroom. The site www.fun4thebrain.com had many brain based games along with links to articles, other educational sites, and a blog.
I lost two computers due to the weather and bad electrical storms over the summer. I wish I had known about delicious before then. I lost many of the sites I use all the time on my personal computer at home. However, I found other sites like Bristolvaschools.org, www.longwood.k12.ny.us, and www.rockingham.d12.va.us that had smartboard lessons, lesson plans, and interactive math manipulatives anyone could use from their websites. I could not book mark these in delicious because no picture was available on their websites. These sites had great materials, but I had to book mark them to my favorites, not delicious.

No comments:
Post a Comment