Thursday, April 25, 2013

Module 1, Assignment 7

       For assignment 7, we watched three videos and thought about how to use an IPAD or IPOD in our classroom.  I have used my IPOD in the classroom for several years in some very low tech ways.  On my IPOD, I have all the audio versions of every Dr. Seuss book ever written.  During Read Across America, I hook my IPOD up to speakers and play the audio books during arrival and other times.  The children love this.  I haven't had as much experience with the IPAD. 
     I would love to have an IPAD, but I just haven't broken down and spent the money yet.  However, there are so many wonderful apps for small children.  An IPAD could be a center for children to use all by itself or some websites, such as ABCmouse.com, allow you to create lessons especially for specific students.  An IPAD could help with differentiation in this way. 
     In preschool, the only draw back would be that we are supposed to limit our student's exposure to computers to only twenty minutes per day.  In today's world, children have grown so accustomed to computers that they become easily upset when you try to limit their computer time to less than twenty minutes.  It's a very interesting balancing act, but we must expose them to technology.  Technology is a part of life, and I don't see that ever changing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment