Twitter, I can not say this is my favorite thing on the web. I did tweet four or five times in one week, but that's no good. I just can't seem to get the point of it. I would probably love this if I were a high school student and all of my friends tweeted. I could stay on the phone for hours as a teenager, so if this were around back then, I would probably live on twitter.
However, none of my friends tweet, and I am an essentially dull and boring person. I just can't understand why anyone would want to read about what I'm making for dinner. If I had a striking wit or some profound statements, yes I could see tweeting it to the world. My grocery list, I just don't understand why anyone would take the time to read about it.
I know it is no excuse for not tweeting more, but if it is any consolation, I don't facebook either. I do have friends on facebook, none of them that I know of are on twitter, and they have begged me to open a facebook account. One of my friends actually read one of me tweets. She asked me why my tweets were that dull because she thinks I'm hilarious. She didn't understand why I couldn't just type up what I would say to her on the phone. I talk about my life and things that are important to me on the phone, none of which would I want to share with the general public at large. I can hear my father in the back of my head turning the channel away from, "The Jerry Springer Show." He used to say, "Even if I did that; I wouldn't go out in public and tell everyone about it."
I'm generally a very private person. I just don't like sharing anything in depth on such a public forum. What you put in cyberspace is there forever. I don't want my kids thirty years from now saying, "Mom, OMG. I know you didn't put that on the internet."

No comments:
Post a Comment