Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Module 3, Assignment 6

     In assignment 6, we had to create our own student survey and send it to our class.  I decided to use a survey that the teachers in our county collaboratively created in training a few years ago.  All preschool teachers in our county distribute this survey to their student's parents on family business night.  Then, we read the results and make notes.  
     I like the idea of having all the information in one spreadsheet after it has been filled out.  Many of the questions on this survey are especially geared for preschool children and their parents, and I am already required to distribute it to the families on business day.  Also, I think I have already figured out how to distribute this survey to my parents.
     Using the computerized version of my beginning of the year survey would streamline the process of collecting the information so much.  Most all of my parents have a email account now.  I could make a mailing list of their email addresses and send it to them the day after business day.  Also, I could embed the survey on my teacher web page and have the page up on all the computers in my classroom on business night.  The parents could fill out this survey while they are waiting or after they have finished meeting with me.   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment