Saturday, June 1, 2013

Module 1, Assignment 6

     The app I found and reviewed is called teach me toddler.  This is not a free app, but it only costs $0.99.  I  think it is well worth the money.  Also, for those preschool children who are more advanced, you can purchase Teach Me Kindergarten for only $1.99.  I loved both of these apps.  I wish I had an iPad in my classroom.  I would use these.  I purchased both apps in my iTunes account just in case I ever get an iPad to use in my classroom. 
     Teach Me Toddler is an app that teaches children to identify upper and lower case letters from A to Z, letter sounds A to Z, number recognition for numbers 1 to 20, shapes, colors, and how to count from 1 to 10.  Each child has their own log-in and you can put in up to 40 students before you have to purchase anything within this app.  I'm not sure if you can take children out at the end of the year.  I haven't tried that yet.  You can also customize the app for each child with a log-in by choosing specific subjects you want the child to work on within the app or you can even customize which questions the children are asked.  This app is very child friendly with its animated teacher Mimi Mouse.  The character reads all directions and questions to the child and gives immediate feedback.  The teacher can also review the performance history for each child and track their progress. 
     This app also has a customizable reward system for each child.  The children can earn stickers or coins for a determined number of correct answers.  The teacher can change the number of correct answers required to earn stickers or coins.  Also, the teacher can change the number of questions required to be answered correctly to mark a topic as learned in this app.  Their are over one hundred and fifty stickers that the child can earn to be used to create sticker scenes using six different scenes.  If a teacher decides to use the coin reward system, they can set the number of coins that need to be earned to receive a specified reward or possibly, use the coins earned and print it out to send home for parents to reward their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment