For this assignment, I uploaded a word document from my computer that I had already created to my Google drive account to link to this blog. Really, I uploaded two documents. That's me, the constant over achiever. No but seriously, I thought those teachers out there in cyberspace could use both of these documents in a thematic unit on the book, "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom." This would be a good unit for a Kindergarten teacher to use at the beginning of the year. For Preschool, this unit is usually something I use closer to the end of the year.
The documents I would like to share are great to introduce letters to your children. The first document is a song based on the book, "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom," but the words have been modified to take your class on a tour of your school. Each verse sends you to a different area of the building for you to introduce your children to the people within your school. The second document is an alphabet journal I created for my children to use and add to throughout the year.
To share the song, I uploaded the document to my Google drive, highlighted the word song in this sentence, clicked link above, and pasted the URL to the lyrics that I had copied from Google drive in the box. For the second link to the alphabet journal, I went into my Google drive account, copied the URL for the document, highlighted the words alphabet journal, clicked the word link above, and pasted the URL into the correct box. Great, it works.

No comments:
Post a Comment