In the article, "Google Drive VS. Dropbox - In Depth Review," the author is a graphic designer who works with large picture files and graphics. This may explain his preference for Dropbox over Google Drive. While both programs have sharing capabilities, Dropbox works better with pictures and graphics whereas Google Drive interacts with documents better. However, this man needs a basic writing class. I'm no Robert Frost, but I just wanted to take my red marking pen to my computer screen when I read this. However, I am the woman who did take a red grading pen to a former fiancé's letter and corrected it before reading it. He was not amused. He never wrote me another letter again. Now, back to the subject at hand.
The writer points out that the user can organize folders in both Google Drive and Dropbox. Google Drive is more user friendly in it's organization and navigation of these document folders. Google Drive also has more options to manipulate files and a better search feature. Dropbox is not as user friendly when searching for and manipulating files. You must go through steps with Dropbox that you do not have to when using Google Drive. With Google Drive, storage space is not an issue because you don't need storage space when sharing documents with this application. With Dropbox, the person must have the storage space to use files that have been shared with them. This could become an issue if you are manipulating large amounts of graphics or data. As for usability with other devices, Dropbox has been around much longer than Google Drive, so it works with more devices. Google Drive, at the moment, doesn't work on as many platforms. I'm sure this will be remedied soon, as more apps for Google Drive are developed.
In my opinion, your decision on which program to use will depend on what you are using it for. As the article pointed out, Dropbox works well with graphics. I found this out when making my end of the year slide show for preschool. Google Drive didn't want to upload a 200 slide show filled with pictures. Dropbox was much easier to use when going between my home computer and school laptop. However, I love Google Drive for its form feature and the ease of sharing and sending documents. My conclusion, Google Drive is a better system for using documents, but I prefer Dropbox when manipulating graphics.

No comments:
Post a Comment