For assignment 7, I followed the link to bighugelabs.com and created a JPEG. There is just so much I could do with this website as a preschool teacher. Because of the new quality standards in preschool, we have to have a certain percentage of classroom photos from class activities, field trips, and parent workshops. I should get some type of rewards points from my neighborhood pharmacy for all the pictures I have developed in a year. Never mind, I think I already get awards points for this.
For special occasions like Christmas and our end of the year preschool stepping up ceremony, I like to give the parents a gift. For Christmas, we usually help the children write a letter to Santa and go visit Santa. The children get writing practice and real world application of the use of a letter in this activity. I always take a picture of the children with Santa and put it in a frame for the families. This is my Christmas gift to my parents. I also send home all the pictures of their children that we have used in the classroom at the end of the year after the preschool stepping up ceremony. All of my parents love the pictures. Usually, their child's Christmas photograph is displayed front and center somewhere in their home when I go out to do my spring home visits.
I could use this web site to make a mosaic for each child, frame it, and wrap it in graduation wrapping paper to be presented to each parent at the end of the preschool graduation. Many parent's want a picture of their child with me holding their preschool diploma after the ceremony. Maybe, I could take a picture of each child holding their diploma with me, upload it to the site, add a few more good pictures of their child and order prints. I'm not sure how much the prints would cost or how long it would take them to be shipped, but if the cost isn't too prohibitive, this would be a great gift to the families. I need to go stock up on picture frames from dollar tree. The dollar tree for gifts like this are a teacher's best friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment