Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Module 3, Assignment 5

     For this assignment, I made a copy of a pre-made class survey and edited the content.  All teachers do a class survey at the beginning of the year for their children.  The survey would be great for older elementary, middle, and high school students. 
     As a preschool teacher, my surveys about the children are answered by the parents.  Some of the question on this survey were not appropriate for four and five year olds.  I customized it somewhat with questions that would be more appropriate for a preschool aged child.  Most preschool children really don't have a favorite band at this age, but you never know.  I edited the form to have a similar question, but I'm not sure my preschool parents would answer this question. 
     Preschool teachers in Henry County must participate in three to four days of training every July as  a job requirement.  I actually enjoy the training.  I feel it makes me a better teacher, introduces me to new teaching ideas, and helps me to think about ways to constantly improve within the classroom.  A few years ago, preschool teachers collaborated on a beginning of the year survey for our parents to fill out on parent business night.  For assignment six, I think I will put that survey into this format.  I may use this to distribute the survey to my parents next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment